Easy paddle performing techniuqe drills outlined in attachment Zone 1-2
Run at a steady pace over hilly terrain. Focus on a tall relaxed posture and high cadence on the up hills. Run at Zone 3-4. Your heart rate may come up out of your zone on the up hills but do not worry. Focus on running steady.
This is your last month in the the gym. This month continue to progress your strength work by doing the following.
1) Increase the number of sets (number of times you perform all of the exercises. i.e. if you performed the circuit twice then progress to 3-4 sets over the month of September).
2) Increasing the number or repetitions performed in each of the exercise
3) Increasing the amount of weight lifted in the exercises
4) Try some of these other strength circuits
- When progressing your strength training change one aspect per session. I.e. Do not increase the weight lifted and number of reps in the same gym session as this can provide too much overload leaving you sore or cause injury which will them impede your other training.
Steady Zone 2-4 ride on your road bike. Perform this ride on a course that includes multiple short (1-5 min) hill climbs.
Stay seated as much as possible on the climbs to develop your strength endurance.
This session is focused of developing your ability to run on rough off road terrain by developing your proprioception and stabilising muscles. Get out on some rough rocky terrain and do an easy Zone 1-2 run over this rough terrain working on your foot-eye coordination. Good place to do these sessions are places such as -Seaside rock walls -Rough rocky shores at low tide -Rocky river beds -Off road tracks with rocks and roots
Perform this session with a bungee cord wrapped around the hull of your kayak to create extra drag.
Steady paddle focusing on smooth relaxed technique through out session
Steady 10 min run off bike to 'find your legs'