Nicolas RemiresAll plans by this Coach
Get back into swimrun shape before tackling a serious race training plan with this 3-week pre-season training program designed by ÖTILLÖ top athlete Nicolas Remires.
This training plan is made specifically to get you in shape before you start training for a race, or simply want to get some good swimrun training base.
What can you expect from your training plan?
This plan will help you to get active again after a break period. It can also be your first step into swimrun. I suggest starting this training plan 4 months before your planned race.
The program is a succession of swimming and running sessions. They follow a progression that will guide you in (re)building your shape.
The training sessions are well-detailed and explained. Simply do them one at a time and feel how you get more and more fit. There is room for soem optional cross-training during this period (cycling, skiing, climbing, …)
After these 3 weeks, you should be ready to start your 8-week preparation to your race.
Why would you need a training plan before starting training for a race?
Starting training after a break (short or long) can be a hard moment for some athletes. Even if you are motivated to be active again, it is easy to do things in the wrong order. Too many athletes want to get back into training too early and too quickly. This can easily lead to injuries.
A training plan at this period of the preparation will help you to go step-by-step by providing structure and comfort. It will teach you to be patient to reach your optimal fitness level.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.