Steve House's 8-week Advanced Mixed Climbing Training Plan
Uphill Athlete by Steve House and Scott JohnstonAll plans by this Coach
This strength-focus plan is intended for M6/M7 mixed climbers who want to break into harder mixed routes. You should be an advanced climber coming off a season of rock climbing at 5.11 on-sight / 5.12 redpoint level.
Fitness requirements when starting this plan: Be healthy and free of injuries. And after a warm up you can do 20 pull ups with good form, a minimum of 20 sec one arm tool hang.
For those with the base, this plan can be combined with a aerobic-focus plan with these strength workouts being done in addition to the lower-body strength work typically found in an uphill-aerobic training plan.
Thank you your interest in our training plans. To be sure you are satisfied with your purchase, please reach out to us anytime at email@example.com if you have questions.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:05 hrs||3:30 hrs|
Day Off x4
|1:40 hrs||1:39 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:05 hrs||3:30 hrs|
||1:40 hrs||1:39 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?