12 week - 10 km Marathon Swim program
Sean RileyAll plans by this Coach
This marathon training program is for experienced open water or pool swimmers targeting the 10km swim events. Or for those swimmers who want to test their limits and step into the unknow of their body and most importantly your MIND. There will be a lot of time with your head under the water over the 12 weeks of the program so you need to be comfortable with your own company.
If you wish to undertake this training program I would suggest that you have been comfortable swimming 10 to 15km per week in training for the last 4 to 6 weeks.
The program has been written and designed by a 6 times Long distant triathlete, 2 time Ultraman athlete. The author also runs a coaching business for multisport athletes and will open places for any athlete who want to be coached by an experienced Ultraman finisher.
As always please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions about this training program.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:16 hrs||2:20 hrs|
|0:45 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:16 hrs||2:20 hrs|
||0:45 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?