Swim 2km (1.24mile) - Beginner 12 week Block #1
Ally BoggsAll plans by this Coach
If you are a novice swimmer and would like to complete a 2km swim event, or participate in your first long distance triathlon event, in 24 weeks you WILL achieve this!
Block #1 (12 weeks) of this 24 week program takes you from swimming 25m non-stop to 300m non stop - with the longest session being a total of 2.3km! Utilizing freestyle swim drills to promote balance, control, stability and streamline, this 12 week block progresses the athlete slowly but effectively to increase total distance in achievable intervals up to 300m. Block #2 continues the athlete to 2km non-stop, with the largest session being 3.3km. With clear drill descriptions and helpful tips, this program has been trialed and proven to assist many athletes in achieving their goal.
You will need a pool facility near you, a swimsuit suitable for swim training, cap and goggles. A pull buoy, kick board and finger paddles are introduced as the weeks progress. And patience!
Any questions can be directed via email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?