SwimRun (Swim Run) Short Distance - 12 weeks (Advanced Plan for ~12-16 km Race; Sunday Event)
Alyssa Morrison, OT, MBAAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
SwimRun events have exploded all around the world! However, they are unlike any ordinary aquathlon. The main goal of this training program is to provide you the opportunity to successfully participate in the momentum of one of the fastest growing, exhilarating endurance sports, SwimRun.
IS THIS TRAINING PROGRAM FOR YOU?
Designed for the intermediate to advanced SwimRun athlete, here are the specifics of the 12-week training program:
• Progression through two build cycles and one race specific cycle, all followed by a recovery week. 5.5 hours (minimum) to 9 hours (maximum) time requirement per week prior to tapering and racing.
• Each week typically consists of 2-3 swim workouts, 3-4 run workouts, 2 strength training workouts and at least 1 SwimRun race specific workout. One day per week, Friday, is designated as a day off. However, this rest day can be flexible as your schedule requires and guidance is offered to adjust for this need.
• Six SwimRun focused workouts to be completed with your teammate emphasizing transitions and appropriate, compatible pacing.
• Training plan starts on a Monday. Therefore, it can be applied to start on any Monday or it can be set to end on race day.
• Training plan assumes your target race is on a Sunday.
• Training plan uses common language and little to no abbreviations to try to decipher.
• Training plan is reusable.
WHAT IS THE LEVEL OF FITNESS REQUIRED?
• Prior to beginning this training program, you should be able to complete a 40 minute or approximately 1600 yard (or meter) swim and a 40 minute run.
• Training program will build you up to 3500 yards (or meters), 90 minutes of running and 2 hours 45 minutes of SwimRun race specific training.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Purchase of this training plan includes the following:
• Extensive, educational 70+ page SwimRun Athlete’s Guide. For more details on what is included, please send an inquiry to review the Table of Contents.
• Comprehensive glut activation exercise document
• Online, supplementary videos for swim and run drills and mechanics.
• Email access to the coach and author for questions, concerns or guidance.
Please email Coach AJ at: AJ@MultisportinMotion.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on the web at www.multisportinmotion.com.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:18 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|2:35 hrs||1:25 hrs|
|0:56 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|1:10 hrs||2:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:18 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||2:35 hrs||1:25 hrs|
||0:56 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||1:10 hrs||2:45 hrs|