Scott Ferguson, Ph.D. - George Bieker, M.EdAll plans by this Coach
This plan is a build specific program for advanced climbers doing technical climbing in the bigger ranges of North America. This program is intended for alpine climbers with significant alpine experience and a track record of consistent training of more than a year. This plan is a build plan and should not be taken lightly. It includes both rock specific and strength specific workouts as well as long days with heavy packs and a lot of vertical gains. These types of exercises will pay dividends when carrying those heavy packs in the backcountry. Additionally, the entire plan will continue to build a solid aerobic foundation to support multiple big day efforts in the Alpine. Your biggest training week (week 7) comes in at over 13 hours of total training for the week.
Think of this plan as the building an Alpinist plan. Lots of time in the saddle, lots of strengthening of the uphill propulsion and climbing muscles.
Do not attempt if you have not trained regularly for over a year!!
Please contact us if you have questions.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.