Scott Ferguson, Ph.D.All plans by this Coach
This plan will prepare you for long days in the mountains and is for the athlete that is already regularly active (e.g., exercises 3-5 hours per week). It includes a shortened base phase that utilizes strength training workouts that are aimed at improving hip strength and flexibility as well as core stability. These types of exercises will pay dividends when carrying those heavy packs in the backcountry. Additionally, the entire plan will continue to build a solid aerobic foundation to support multiple day efforts of big game mountain hunting. Your biggest training week (week 15) comes in at 11 hours of total training for the week.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?