Nick SaundersAll plans by this Coach
This Duathlon training plan is designed for the advanced athlete. It is a 12 week progressive plan sub divided into three 4 week blocks. Each 4 week block has an easier 4th week where volume is cut back to allow for recovery. There is a day off every Friday.
Strength sessions have not been included. It is recommended that you maintain some form of maintenance strength session twice a week, good days to do this would be Monday and Thursday.
You need to be in good shape to start this training plan. There are weekly interval running sessions so it is advisable that you have done interval training in the lead up to this plan.
Workouts are designed to be used with a heart rate monitor on the bike and run. With the bike workouts you have the option to use power or Heart rate. TPS uses the Joe Friel Training Zones:
If you have any questions about the plan email email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.