Peak for your best ever race!
"I just finished the advanced duathlon plan and achieved 3rd overall, 1st in AG and a PB on my bike. Thank you so much for a great training plan!" Patrick Keys, 2018.
"You have changed my results for the better. I am amazed that I'm competing at the ITU Worlds" Richard Lonsdale, 2016.
Read more >>
To start this plan you should be able to ride 2 hrs and run 70 mins. View sample weeks below:
Click below to watch a Series of 6 Short Videos from Phil about our plans:
Still not sure? We will happily switch your plan within 14 days of purchase.
I have over 20 years of experience successfully helping amateur athletes surpass their goals, while making sure they have quality time available for family, friends and career. I started My Pro Coach to offer the world's most comprehensive range of training plans designed to help you enjoy the same success that my athletes and I have - at an affordable price.
Onboarding Emails: During checkout you can share your email so I can send you a series of 5 emails to help get you started. You can also reply to me if ever you need help.
A Recognised Expert, As Featured On:
This fitness test helps you to set your power or heart rate thresholds for Training Peaks.
12 mins in Z2,
5 x (15 secs in Z4 + 45 secs easy in Z2).
20 mins maximal steady state time trial. Go as hard as you can sustain for 20-minutes.
5 mins in Z2.
Note: Alternatively, if you have a bike training device with its own "FTP" test protocol, you could use that instead.
TIP: Have a fan and/or air conditioning, so that heat stress is not a limiting factor for this test.
This fitness test helps you to set your pace and heart rate training zones and thresholds for Training Peaks.
5 mins in Z2 (easy/steady),
4 x (30 secs accelerating from Z2 to Z4 + 30 secs recoveries in Z1).
Run for 30 mins at the fastest pace you can maintain for the duration. Record your average pace and ideally average heart rate too.
5 mins in Z1 to Z2 (easy).
Ride mainly in Z2, in the lower to mid range.
This workout works well on an indoor bike trainer; you can also do it outside. It's not supposed to be high intensity, so keep a lid on this one. You will improve your fat-burning and efficiency.
10 mins in Z2,
5 x (20 secs in Z3 + 40 secs in low Z2).
8 x (5 mins in upper Z2 + 60 sec recoveries in low Z2).
10 mins in low Z2.
Run straight off the bike:
10 mins in Z4,
10 mins easy in Z2.
Steady run, mainly in Z2. Ideally on an undulating route today. This run will improve your strength and power.
Please check the link below for full exercise instructions, progressions, alternatives and videos:
Whole Body Strength:
1. Squat: 3 x 12 (Exercise 1)
2. Reverse Lunge: 3 x 6 (Exercise 6)
3. Step Up: 3 x 10 (Exercise 7)
4. Bench Press: 2 x 12 (Exercise 14)
5. Tricep Kickback: 3 x 10 (Exercise 15)
6. Bird Dog: 3 x 8 (Exercise 18)
7. Lying Hip Abduction: 3 x 12 (Exercise 19)
8. Plank: 1 x 3 (Exercise 20)
9. Reverse Crunch: 3 x 12 (Exercise 26)
Flexibility: 10-15 minutes
1. 3 x 8 = 3 sets of 8 repetitions with a rest between sets.
2. Rests are 30 - 50 secs.
3. When an exercise alternates right and left, the right PLUS left movement is 1 rep.
4. For unilateral exercises, perform reps on the right, then repeat on the left. Then move to next set.
5. Breathe out on exertion and maintain form throughout.
6. For flexibility see the link below or choose stretches that work well for you.