200 pull no paddles w/ buoy
- 5 X 50 yard catch drill: you can use fins as mentioned in the video to help you focus on the drill without losing momentum in the water.
20 sec rest between each 50
- 5 X 50 swim no equipment - focus on using technique from catch drill without so much exaggeration. 20 sec rest
- 10 X 25 leg drag using mini band twisted to a figure 8 around your ankles.
- 200 swim
- 200 pull w/ buoy no paddles
- 200 swim moderate effort putting the drill to action.
- 4 X 25 yd kick with board
- 100 Swim with no equipment
3 SETS OF EACH ROUND OF EXERCISES
- 15 Goblet squats with feet on floor (Elevate heels for better range of motion!)
- 15 stability ball hamstring pulling
- 20 Bird Dogs (opposite arm/leg balance)
- 20 single leg deadlifts with feet on floor (No added weight - just focus on balance!)
- 12 push ups with strict form (no sway to low back)
- 12-15 resistance band rows or cable weight
- 12 Single Leg bridge lifts per side
- 10 single leg body weight squats with feet on floor. Focus on good ankle stability and use something as a cue to maintain balance.
- 1 min forearm plank
- 30 second forearm side plank each side
- 20 bridge lifts (both legs) with 3 second hold at the top of each
1 hr 50-60% Zone 1-2
Build to zone 2 over 20 minutes. During the second 10 minutes, complete 3 - 5 spin ups to 110+ rpm, thinking about your pedaling dynamics and the efficiency of your stroke.
- 4x9 min ON 85-90% FTP (or 7/10 effort RPE,) - every 3 min during the intervals, stand out of the saddle in a slightly harder gear for 15 seconds then sit back down and continue with interval.
The Idea of this set is to maintain a hard effort without any drop in power from the full gas surge back to Sweet Spot.
- 4 min OFF full recovery between.
Finish with 4 x 45 Seconds Full Gas, 90 Seconds between
Warm Up:200 warmup swim
200 Pull Buoy, No paddles
6x50 15s rest non free/free
3x150s pull buoy/band 20s rest
100 recovery 30s rest
3x150 swim strong 10 sec rest
100 recovery 30s rest
4x50 recovery alt non-free/free
100 cool down
See Attached Document & follow video links as necessary
-TRX Squat Jumps: 3 x 10
-Seated Box Jumps: 3 x 10
-Split Squat Jumps: 3 x 15 (each side - 30 total)
Complete each set as quickly as possible. Plyo's are designed to increase the speed of muscle contraction and will be accentuated when performed quickly.
Do not sacrifice form for speed
Be mindful of Bobby's lesson on good forward lean in running. Carry this into ALL of your running!
Begin nice and easy, build to a zone 2 run. Sustain this for 9 minutes, walk 1 minute. Repeat, cool down for final 5 minutes.