- 20 air squats
- 2 X 20 stability ball prone leg lift
- 2 X 15 each leg, resistance band single leg abduction
- 2 X 20 each direction resistance band monster walks
- 2 X 15 single leg dead lift without weights
- 2 X 10 stability ball hamstring curl
- 2 X 10 bulgarian split squat (body weight OR choice of dumb bells)
1 hr 50-60% Zone 1-2
Build to zone 2 over 20 minutes. During the second 10 minutes, complete 3 - 5 spin ups to 110+ rpm, thinking about your pedaling dynamics and the efficiency of your stroke.
- 4x9 min ON 85-90% FTP (or 7/10 effort RPE,) - every 3 min during the intervals, stand out of the saddle in a slightly harder gear for 15 seconds then sit back down and continue with interval.
The Idea of this set is to maintain a hard effort without any drop in power from the full gas surge back to Sweet Spot.
- 4 min OFF full recovery between.
Finish with 4 x 45 Seconds Full Gas, 90 Seconds between
With Mini Band:
- 10 lateral steps each direction (toes pointing forward/ knees tracking over ankles
- 10 front kicks
- 10 back kicks
- 5 semi circles each direction
- 60 sec forearm plank hold (booty and core TIGHTLY held in and take deep inhales and exhales)
- 12 bird dogs each side (opposite arm / leg balance on hands and knees)
TWO ROUNDS OF EACH MOVEMENT:
- 60 sec High Plank Arm / Leg Raise
- 60 sec Slo-mo mountain climber
- 60 sec dead bug
- 60 sec hollow rock
See Attached Document & follow video links as necessary
-TRX Squat Jumps: 3 x 10
-Seated Box Jumps: 3 x 10
-Split Squat Jumps: 3 x 15 (each side - 30 total)
Complete each set as quickly as possible. Plyo's are designed to increase the speed of muscle contraction and will be accentuated when performed quickly.
Do not sacrifice form for speed
- 10 minutes, gradually building from Zone 1 to 2
- 10 minutes, building gradually within Zone 2 wattages. Focus on pedaling dynamics, get off and do mini band kickbacks if gluts are not firing!!
- 5 minutes, at the beginning of every minute, perform a 10s spin-up to 110 RPM or higher. 50 seconds between.
- 6 Min, 30 seconds ON, 30 OFF - Zone 5/VO2 Max
- 5 Min Easy
- 6 Min, 15 seconds ON, 15 seconds Easy - Zone 6, HARD as you can go repeatedly on each effort.
- 5 Min Easy
- 10 Min, 10 seconds FULL GAS SPRINT, 50 seconds recovery
Ride 10 minutes tapering from Zone 2 down to a nearly effortless spin.
Be mindful of Bobby's lesson on good forward lean in running. Carry this into ALL of your running!
Begin nice and easy, build to a zone 2 run. Sustain this for 9 minutes, walk 1 minute. Repeat, cool down for final 5 minutes.