Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Sport: DUATHLON Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs [INCLUDES PRO TRANSITION TIPS GUIDE]
Suitable for: Advanced and improving intermediate STANDARD duathletes [longer rides and sessions] ALL indoor or Turbo based if you want to do outside rides pick the same title with 'weekend out' in the title
Suitable for an athlete conditioned or regularly training in this sport, or fit enough from other sports to require a challenging programme of improvement in this discipline. Your goal may be a personal best, finishing high up in a banner event or representing your club regularly. You may also be stepping up a distance and want to do this in a smart way that maximises your resistance to injury and avoids overtraining. You get a progressive programme based on your chosen way of measuring effort that’s clear, easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve.
This is a tough 12 week performance programme all indoor or turbo based including weekends. It can be used to build power and speed at any time but is especially good for Spring preparation.
Weekly day time sessions are focussed on Sweetspot, developing endurance power with faster recovery, and threshold efforts promoting resilience and increasing endurance. The weekend sessions incorporate run offs if you wish to do them. Towards the end of the programme you have a number of challenging bricks which will utilise your new found power and speed. Time invested is around 6-11 hours per week
The plan is for primarily turbo use only, including longer sessions at the weekend, most of which translate to the road but are not as safe in inclement conditions.
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks+
• Access to bike power software, turbotraining.co.uk FREE until March 2018
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness and individual heart rate zones
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the
Lovetri | Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your favourite sport or the one you want to improve the most. You’ll find a programme to suit at www.racestronger.com that allows you to mix metric train, with power and heart rate, or train using your preferred effort measurement method. Why not buy a plan and take advantage of our tailoring offer, meaning we can swap around for a small fee the types of sessions, so indoor turbo for outdoor, power for heart rate for example.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?