Roberto VukovicAll plans by this Coach
The base of the plan comes from the Block Periodization studies from Ronnestad et al. Like the Block Periodization Plan but repeated 3 consecutive times. This is no easy thing and should be done with caution and precision. Ride too hard and you might get burned out.
This plan is for everyone who completed the 4-week block periodization plan but still wants more HIT sessions. The plan is based on the Ronnestad study of 12 weeks of Block Periodization.
You find carbohydrate suggestions in the workouts and a big premise for the plan is that you have a high amount of quality carbohydrates in your diet. Especially during the block weeks with 5 high-intensity sessions per week, you will burn a high amount of carbs. Consuming a sufficient amount of carbs before and during the block week can make the difference in an effective block periodization.
As always the plan is simple and easy to follow and based on research and real-life data. Enjoy!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.