BaseCampAll plans by this Coach
About This Plan
This plan is designed as a short, four-week, build-to-peak plan for those with early-season events or races. It is assumed that you already have a solid winter foundation in place, like BaseCamp. This is a tough plan that includes max aerobic intervals, supra-threshold intervals, fatigue resistance Tempo intervals, and lots more. We want to help you crush that early-season event!
- Typical week: Monday off; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1.5- to 2-hour workouts; Friday walk; Saturday and Sunday volume days
- Workouts accommodate power and heart rate data
- Structured workouts can be automatically exported to Garmin, your trainer, or other device for on-screen guidance as you train
Benefits of this plan
- Written by Amber Neben and Tim Cusick with coaching tips throughout
- If you follow the plan as written, you will increase your fitness and race/event performance
- Our user guide helps you through the entire process
- Includes a free strength training routine from Menachem Brodie
- Includes free nutrition tips from Dr. Namrita Brooke
First and foremost the plans work! My fitness has come on leaps and bounds, so thank you very much! I’ve been coached in the past but working through the Base Building Plus and then on to the 12 Weeks to peak tt I have increased FTP, improved muscular endurance and destroyed my mates on a group ride recently! I used to feel quite pressured being coached, following these plans I’ve been chilled out, consistent and have enjoyed the journey they have taken me on. I will continue know to train with Tim’s plans! (Andy D.)
We've got more plans!
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email us directly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.