Sivert JakobsenAll plans by this Coach
This plan is for you with little time to train who wants to increase your FTP and cycling performance. This plan is power based and fits best doing indoors, but is also fine to do outdoors.
Over the last few years more and more research and science suggest that shorter intervals and intervalls with higher power spikes is far more efficient to increase VO2max, threshold and cycling performance than longer continuous intervalls. That's exactly what this plan is built upon. You will do a mix of both, but with a focus on higher power.
Each week contains about 4 hours of riding in total divided on 3 sessions. The first and last week contains a FTP test to calculate your training zones and help you train with the right intensity. During the weekdays you will do 2 interval sessions and have a longer endurance ride in the weekend. The interval sessions is between 1 hour and 1 hour 15 minutes in length, while the endurance session is 2 hours. But feel free to extend the endurance ride if you have energy and time. Remember to listen to your body, if you feel tired its better to shorten it to have energy for the intervals the following week.
All my traningplans are 3rd party (eg. Zwift) compatible
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.