Sivert JakobsenAll plans by this Coach
This plan is for you with 4-6 hours a week to train with the goal of increasing your threshold power (or FTP). This is a power based plan and fits best doing indoors but also outdoors. Over the last few years more and more research and science suggest that shorter intervals and intervalls with higher power spikes is far more efficient to increase VO2max and threshold than longer continuous intervalls. That's exactly what this plan is built upon.
There is 2-3 interval sessions during the week with a endurance ride at the weekend. The first and last week cocontains a FTP test to test your training zones and right intensity for the following weeks. The reason for these test is to find your training zones and mesure your progress during the period. The weekday sessions is between 1-1,5 hour long, so they should be fairly easy to implement in a busy day. each week there is one vo2max session and one or 2 season focusing more around your threshold.
All my traningplans are 3rd party (eg. Zwift) compatible.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.