Patrick AshAll plans by this Coach
Here is your Cycle Challenge plan. This plan created by Endurance Journey Coaching, is a specific training program to help you successfully complete the 17 Week Cycle Challenge, which is part of the Great Saskatchewan Endurance Series.
In this plan you will be given a suggest training guide for activities to complete each day. The required daily acitivit time commitment for the Cycle Challenge is ~17km per day (any combination of swim, bike, and run training distance) or about ~7 hours a week. This plan will outline activities for 6 days of the week (4 rides covering approximately ~30km each ride) with 1 recovery/off day each week built in. You can adapt this plan to best fit your needs - Need to do more cycling than suggested in the plan on some days and less on others? Absolutely, go ahead and do that. Adjust the schedule of activity to best meet your needs and time availability. If the initial cycling distance on your suggestion training days in the plan is more than you can manage just increase the number of days that you cycle. Remember you are aiming for ~17km per day to meet the goal of this challenge.
Also, you can split the sessions up into multiple sessions in a day if it works better for your schedule. For example, if you have a 1hr30 minute session you can split it up into 2 x 45 minute session during the day (one in the morning, one in the evening for example).
Be creative, and most importantly have fun. Pro Tip, the best way to do this challenge is to follow a consistent schedule so your daily activity becomes a habit. Do a something each day. It all adds up!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.