Sweet Spot 8-12hr week 5 week plan wattage
Christian WilliamsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is written for someone who puts in 8-12hr per week with regularity. It is a wattage based plan
It is built with the assumption that the athlete has been riding regularly, and in particular, has put in a block of time at "base miles." It is the natural progression after base and tempo work.
It is best for those who have a CTL of at least 70.
The long ride of the week comes on the weekend, and it is 3hr during this 5 week plan. It is ok to ride longer in most cases, but you want to make sure you're recovered or have the energy to do the sweet spot work on the other days.
A strength plan is provided and put together in conjunction with the plan. You will need a kettlebell, and the workout takes less than 15 minutes.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|9:51 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||9:51 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?