Tempo 8-12hr week 5 week plan heart rate
Christian WilliamsAll plans by this Coach
If you've been riding regularly, and you've put in a solid base, moving on to a plan that includes Tempo work is up next.
This is a heart rate based plan that lasts 5 weeks. It is arranged for someone who rides on average 8-12 hr per week, and it assumes that you have a starting CTL of at least 60.
Your longest ride will be on the weekend, and it will be 3 hours.
The plan does include a strength workout to compliment the plan. You will need a kettlebell.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?