Arkadiusz Kogut UCI CoachAll plans by this Coach
Why you could use this plan:
- Your level of power generated at the FTP threshold keeps you awake at night and when you wake up you only think "4W / kg, 4W / kg, 4W / kg"
Would you like to achieve higher average speeds on your favorite routes with less fatigue to beat some colleagues and yourself on Strava
- you like to get tired, and a specific impression during training for shaping FTP is something for you
The product includes:
10 weeks - a day-to-day training plan, taking into account training, days off, rest cycles, gradual increase in loads
Structured workouts (power or HR measurement) - each workout can be downloaded to Garmin / Wahoo / Zwift (automatic synchronization) and follow directions while driving live
Instructions on how to proceed in the event of changes: leaving the training, changing the training, what in the event of bad weather, recommendations for riding the trainer, when the training is considered complete, replacing the cycling training with another
PDF guide - suggested screen fields (heart rate measurement + power measurement)
The method of carrying out stress tests
Table describing the training zones used in the plan (Z1-Z7) with a description of the sensations and intensity ranges (HR / W)
Cycling Training - Improving FTP
I recommend this training plan when you feel that your FTP is not at the optimal level yet. This plan is quite intense, so I recommend few training weeks earlier so that you can focus on shooting hard here.
The training in this training plan is primarily aimed at increasing the power generated at the FTP threshold through targeted training and CTL foundation. The plan includes tests for measuring the current FTP level and updating exercise zones with instructions.
The FTP construction plan is intended for amateurs who want to prepare their form very well, without the risk of overloading. The workouts are varied and don't make you feel bored. You can transfer each workout to Garmin / Wahoo / Zwift and the device will improve you through exercises step by step. Performing trainings in the majority of players causes an increase in FTP in the range of 5-25%, depending on the point of advancement (the higher, the smaller the increase, and vice versa - the lower the starting level, the implementation of the plan will give a greater initial increase, in accordance with the principles of exercise physiology. ).
The plan is developed in accordance with the latest concepts in cycling training for amateurs.
Time needed for training:
Intermediate - There are 4-5 trainings a week, and their total time is 7-10 hours a week (1-2 hours a week, 2.5-3.5 hours at weekends).
The plan starts on Monday by default and ends on Sunday after 10 weeks.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.