2021 Micro: Tmax / Pmax Protocol - Matt McNamara
Matthew McNamaraAll plans by this Coach
Here is something new for you! This is a World Tour proven protocol to get some nice gains in your top end fitness. Pmax is akin to your VO2max, but think of it more as a long sustained VERY HARD effort. Often we use 5min as a proxy for VO2max, this helps further refine your values via a graded exercise test to start, then we take that value and have you see how long you can sustain it (that's the Tmax) component. From there you follow a very straight forward 2x per week Tmax workout in concert with some aerobic endurance and sweet spot work on weekends. Weekly hours range from 6.5 - 11 over the 6 weeks you'll be working.
This program is applicable for road, mountain, cyclocross, gravel or track - we all need a better Pmax!! :)
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?