Sportstest - Base build phase 3, heart rate based, Monday REST day, target 7-12 hours per week
Dr Garry PalmerAll plans by this Coach
The training plan uses a focus of heart rate based sessions (however for sportive riders who use power, the sessions can easily be switched to power based efforts), and assumes the rider has a good level of fitness (possibly having completed our phase 2 of our Base training plan) or has been consistently riding for at least 4-6 weeks for an average of 4-8 hours per week.
The plan varies between 7 to 12 hours per week and has 1 or 2 REST days per week with longer rides at the weekend.
The objectives of this plan are in increase endurance fitness, raise training volumes, and indirectly improved FTP. The plan follows a simple principle of using at least 2 rest days in a week, and has only one session per day. There are also infrequent threshold and unstructured rides to add variety to the week.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|9:09 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||9:09 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?