Sportstest Winter Warmer - 8 week base fitness builder
Dr Garry PalmerAll plans by this Coach
The training plan uses a focus of heart rate based sessions (however for sportive riders who use power, the sessions can easily be switched to power based efforts), and assumes the rider has a reasonable base of fitness before setting out on their winter training plan (4-6 hours per week for a minimum of 6 weeks would be suitable).
The objectives of this plan are in increase endurance fitness, raise training volumes, and indirectly improved FTP. The plan follows a simple principle of using at least 2 rest days in a week, and has only one session per day.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?