Daniel MathenyAll plans by this Coach
This 4 week module using standard periodization focuses on increasing your VO2max by training at the edge of the aerobic/anaerobic threshold early in the week while opening up some specificity later in the week followed by threshold work. Each week builds upon the last and uses progressive overload theory.
4 intervals sessions, 2 easier sessions, and 1 rest day per week are ideally executed using power but can utilize HR as well with some instruction.
Option to substitute a challenging group ride or low-priority race or event on the weekend as well for the advanced cyclist.
Must know your FTP to complete this module.
If you are using a smart trainer or 3rd party training software, then you can use these tips to execute on that platform.
- Structured workout export http://bit.ly/2r6gz3P
- Structure workout FAQ http://bit.ly/2yBH4Si
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?