Richard Rollinson of CPT Cycling - Training Peaks blog author & Level 2 TrainingPeaks CoachAll plans by this Coach
This plan has been pre-built by TrainingPeaks level 2 Certified Richard Rollinson of CPT Cycling - Coach to multiple national champions.
A word from the author:
“Hi, My name is Richard and I would love to help you become a faster cyclist. Whether you are looking to finish your first sportive or target a national title, I have incorporated the tools and experience that I have to help you get to where you want to be through smarter training to make more effective use of your time that is incorporated into this plan. If you would like to look up more about my coaching and athletic background, you can take a look at my coach profile. My philosophy is to blend science with the art of coaching to optimise plans that give you maximum bang for buck of training customisation.”
Is this plan the right one for you?
This plan is designed for you if you want to start building your base fitness, towards Time Trial and have previously trained for an average of around 8 hours per week or around 2 hours below this and looking to increase your training volume. This plan also allows you to make the most of WKO5 for greater individualisation of training targets. If this does not sound like the right plan for you, then follow these steps to find the plan that fits your goal event, training hours and length of training plan, as well as plans that do not require WKO5. If however, you still need help deciding on the right plan, do not hesitate to contact CPT Cycling.
What sets this plan apart? Here’s what’s included:
- Coach tips and guidance in every bike workout
- Email access to Coach
- Automatically exportable workout steps to Zwift, Garmin and Wahoo
- Training Plan Guide
- Plan is reusable to future dates in your TrainingPeaks calendar
- Plan end date can be changed to fit around your goal event
- WKO5 charts included to set up Test and Optimised Interval targets
Each CPT Cycling training plan includes contact with the coach that wrote the plan. Although there is no coach feedback on completed training, you still have the reassurance that if you need help on where to apply your plan in your TrainingPeaks calendar or how best to sync your workout steps to Zwift for example. There is help when you need it. If you are ready to take your racing and training to the next level; then fully customised training plans combined with regular ongoing coach communication and feedback is available through CPT Cycling Coaching Packages.
Don’t just take our word for it:
“Richard moved me from 4th cat to 2nd cat in the same season. Richard has been instrumental in that rise with almost every metric you can think of improving dramatically. Richard is also hugely adaptable - I switched from road racing to time trialling after a particularly nasty crash and without missing a beat, Richard has got me into a position where I'm regularly on the podium in races and have also gone below 20 minutes for a 10 mile TT within 6 months. I could not have achieved to date what I have done without my coach.”
- Grant Woodthorpe, CPT Cycling Coached Rider
Go hard and have fun working towards your targets and achieving those goals. You can do it. Let's Go!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.