Tim Cusick - Coach of World and National ChampionsAll plans by this Coach
12 Weeks to Peak Time Trial
written by Tim Cusick, TrainingPeaks WKO Product Leader and master coach with BaseCamp
So you want to go fast? Train with the coach of national and world ITT champion Amber Neben! This 12-week plan is for those starting with a solid base foundation of training (hopefully at least 2-3 months). It is built with Classic Training Zones and will take you to the top for your A-event time trial race! The plan is designed for the serious competitive cyclist and includes power, heart rate, and perceived exertion with all-new progressive, fatigue resistance, and intensive workouts! Includes predicted TSS and ongoing testing. Ride your BEST EVER TIME TRIAL this season!
The workouts can be used in the traditional format or as structured workouts, which load automatically to select devices (Garmin, Zwift, RGT, ErgVideo, TrainerRoad, Racermate, and more) so you can see your workout and interval numbers right on your device.
Included with your plan:
- Instruction booklet (attached to the first day of the plan)
- Testing protocol
- Coaching comments and tips
Need help loading your structured works to your device or smart trainer?
Click here to read instructions.
We've got more plans!
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email us directly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.