Power Base (not beginners)
Output Cycling Coching, Coach Dan BackhausenAll plans by this Coach
Beware this is a plan that will have you working hard for almost 3 solid months, starting out quite easy and finishing of at a much higher level. Both in intensity and capability. Not for beginners, although it contains recovery swims and walk to even out the stresses inflicted.
Aerobic endurance is the heart of training for endurance sports. Until this is well-established there is no reason to move on to the more advanced abilities (muscular endurance, anaerobic endurance and power). All bike workouts in this plan can be downloaded directly to your headunit on bike or hometrainer.
There is progress built in to this plan and as you go through the weeks the workout intensities rise. These workouts are done at the or near the aerobic threshold and in the last few weeks you will be asked to go beyond.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?