Roberto VukovicAll plans by this Coach
This is the Perfect Base Plan if you have around 10 hours per week to train. When it comes to base training there are two things that every cyclists really needs: Frequency and Intensity. No matter which study looks at maintaining endurance performance, frequency and intensity always come out as the winners. Therefore, I build my plans on the study from Ronnestad that looked at maintaining performance during the transition phase. Essentially, you need some basic intensity or you get dropped.
Another factor that plays an important role is strength training. And again Ronnestad is the scientist that researched the field for endurance athletes. As their's no racing during base training it's a good time to add strength work. I've taken it into account and put strength sessions in the plan.
At the end of the plan Critical Power Testing will give you a performance baseline to transition to the Build Phase successfully.
Considering the aforementioned, with this base plan you are primed for being a faster bike rider. Have Fun!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.