Tim CusickAll plans by this Coach
It's time to go from FIT to FAST! This 8-week plan builds on your foundation work and translates your strong aerobic capacity to speed and performance as you prepare for your big event or race season. The plan follows a pyramidal/polarized modality with a targeted ramp rate of 2-3 TSS per day each week.
Periodization: Build phase
Modality: Pyramidal to polarized
Training Time: 8-10 hours a week, 5-6 days a week
Training Layout: 90-minute max weekday workout, 210-minute max weekend workout
Training History: Beginner (completed less than 12-18 months of structured training prior to starting this plan)
- Typical week: Monday off; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1.0- to 1.75-hour workouts; Friday easy/skills; Saturday, Sunday high-volume days with 2- to 3.5-hour workouts
- Progressive schedule with rest week every fourth week
- Testing included to assure accurate training
- Workouts are built with power targets but can be adjusted for heart rate
- Structured workouts can be automatically exported to Garmin, your trainer, or other device for on-screen guidance as you ride
Need help selecting a plan?
Complete our training plan questionnaire, and we'll recommend one!
Looking for more than just a plan?
Don't train alone; train where you belong instead! Ride with the experts and a community from around the world in BaseCamp.
We've got more plans!
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email us directly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.