Daniel MathenyAll plans by this Coach
Is it Crunch time and that event you signed up for right around the corner!? This is the place to start!
Ideally you have some general conditioning 4-6hrs/wk before this, but if not, you can also start here as the intensity:volume combination isn't overly demanding with high intensity with short duration rides paired with low intensity volume.
The plans are power-based so best executed with a smart trainer or a power-meter, but if you have a traditional (non-smart) trainer set up with Zwift the power calculation will work.
NO POWER METER; NO PROBLEM! Instructions exist within the training plan to change the individual or all workouts to Heart Rate based prescriptions.
Need flexibility? We all do! So I've added suggestions within many of the sessions on how to:
1) shorten if necessary
2) lengthen if you feel good
3) take it outside from an inside structured session
4) shift or substitute days based on how you're feeling in real-time.
These workouts are designed to begin accumulation of time at VO2max to build a training stress.
There is some sprinkling of Under Over threshold to simulate terrain changes.
The progression following this plan would be another Build plan adding in Threshold, working on Tempo/Sweet Spot to extend your Time to Exhaustion now you've raised your roof with VO2max work, or revisiting Endurance Base training with volume.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.