Richard SmithAll plans by this Coach
A 12 week progressive training plan designed to build appropriate aerobic endurance and increase functional threshold power (FTP) for cyclists and triathletes aiming to race in events lasting between 20 - 90 minutes who are using power measurement equipment.
1. Designed to follow a base building phase of a periodized annual plan
2. 5-6 hours per week assuming full time work commitments (evening indoor sessions during the week)
3. Done of a static trainer, rollers or outdoors, conditions allowing.
4. FTP test and the beginning and end of the program to benchmark progress.
5. Includes active recovery.
6. Ideal base for 10 and 25 mile time trials, circuits races/crits, track endurance races and 40k tri legs.
7. Sessions are downloadable to smart trainers (not essential though)
8. Targeted, proven and effective aerobic endurance training.
Full online interaction with feedback/adjustment on training sessions, FTP and zones adjustment, email and telephone support as and when necessary. I want you to get the most out of this!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.