Tim Cusick, Coach of World and National ChampionsAll plans by this Coach
About This Plan
This in-season plan is filled with lots of powerful workouts and coaching advice. This plan is designed to build on top of a solid base foundation (you should have good fitness with a CTL over 50) to prepare you in 8 weeks to crush your gravel event. It is a tough plan and will push you hard to make sure you're ready! You'll do low-cadence work for climbing, micro intervals for simulating the demands of gravel racing, and fatigue resistance workouts to practice a strong finish.
- Typical week: Monday off; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1- to 2-hour workouts; Friday rest/easy; Saturday and Sunday volume days
- Progressive schedule with rest week every fourth week
- Testing included to assure accurate training
- Workouts accommodate power, heart rate, and perceived exertion
- Structured workouts can be automatically exported to Garmin, your trainer, or other device for on-screen guidance as you train
Benefits of this plan
- Written by Tim Cusick, coach of multiple champions, with coaching tips throughout
- If you follow the plan as written, you will increase your fitness and race/event performance
- Our user guide helps you through the entire process
- Get a free strength training routine from Menachem Brodie
- Get access to videos and educational webinars from Coach Tim
First and foremost the plans work! My fitness has come on leaps and bounds, so thank you very much! I’ve been coached in the past but working through the Base Building Plus and then on to the 12 Weeks to peak TT I have increased FTP, improved muscular endurance and destroyed my mates on a group ride recently! I used to feel quite pressured being coached, following these plans I’ve been chilled out, consistent and have enjoyed the journey they have taken me on. I will continue know to train with Tim’s plans! (Andy D.)
We've got more plans!
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email us directly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.