Century (100 miles) Training Plan
Christopher JudyAll plans by this Coach
This plan is built for the novice cyclist who wants to complete a century ride (100 miles). It uses 1-2 interval days per week and lots of long slow distance (LSD) days to build up the endurance needed for this distance of a ride. This program uses relative perceived exertion (RPE) for all the rides, but few free to use heart rate or even power. The 1 hour time trial (TT) at the beginning and mid way through will give you a good idea of where your body is at for tempo pace and you can base your easier days and harder days of of those numbers.
In addition to the rides there are tips for nutrition and hydration throughout the program, how often to eat and drink. Feel free to use whatever you like for food, but keep it carb rich and mix in some protein content to keep your total energy system topped off.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?