Tim Cusick - Coach of World and National ChampionsAll plans by this Coach
About This Plan
This plan (like the rest of our Base Building Plus series of training plans) ramps up your training quickly to help you build a solid foundation in twelve weeks by focusing on aerobic capacity, aerobic power, muscular endurance, and building FTP. The workouts have lots of variation, which makes them fun for the trainer and Zwift-type riding, but they can also be done outdoors. These plans are available in three different training volumes for road bike, mountain bike, and time trial, so choose one based on your cycling discipline (if it’s mixed, choose the one you do the most) and how much time you can train, and voila, you've got a twelve-week base building plan focused on you and your goals.
- Typical week: Monday off; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1- to 2-hour workouts; Friday easy; Saturday, Sunday volume days
- Progressive schedule with rest week every fourth week
- Testing included to assure accurate training
Benefits of this plan
- Written by Tim Cusick, coach of multiple champions, with coaching tips throughout
- If you follow the plan as written, you will increase your fitness and race/event performance
- Our user guide helps you through the entire process
- Free nutrition ebook from nutritionist Dr. Namrita Brooke, attached to the first day of the plan
- Get access to videos and educational webinars from Coach Tim
I've loved both of the Tim Cusick plans that I have purchased. They are straightforward to understand and I have been able to make huge gains each time I've done them. For an "off the rack" training plan there is nowhere else I am going! (Emerson E.)
We've got more plans!
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email us directly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.