Richard SmithAll plans by this Coach
An 8 week progressive training plan designed to build appropriate aerobic endurance and increase functional threshold power (FTP) for cyclists and triathletes aiming to race in events lasting between 20 - 90 minutes who are using power measurement equipment.
1. Designed to start the preparation phase of a periodized annual plan
2. 5-6 hours per week assuming full time work commitments (evening indoor sessions during the week)
3. Done of a static trainer, rollers or outdoors, conditions allowing.
4. FTP test and the beginning and end of the 8 weeks to benchmark progress.
5. Includes active recovery.
6. Ideal base for 10 and 25 mile time trials, circuits races/crits, track endurance races and 40k tri legs.
7. Sessions are downloadable to smart trainers (not essential though)
8. Targeted and focused aerobic endurance training - not 'old school' winter junk miles.
Full online interaction with weekly feedback on training sessions, FTP and zones adjustment, email and telephone support as and when necessary. I want you to get the most out of this!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.