RideFast Aerobic endurance/FTP builder (Power)
Richard SmithAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
An 8 week progressive training plan designed to build appropriate aerobic endurance and increase functional threshold power (FTP) for cyclists and triathletes aiming to race in events lasting between 20 - 90 minutes who are using power measurement equipment.
1. Designed to start the preparation phase of a periodized annual plan
2. 5-6 hours per week assuming full time work commitments (evening indoor sessions during the week)
3. Done of a static trainer, rollers or outdoors, conditions allowing.
4. FTP test and the beginning and end of the 8 weeks to benchmark progress.
5. Includes active recovery.
6. Ideal base for 10 and 25 mile time trials, circuits races/crits, track endurance races and 40k tri legs.
7. Sessions are downloadable to smart trainers (not essential though)
8. Targeted and focused aerobic endurance training - not 'old school' winter junk miles.
Full online interaction with weekly feedback on training sessions, FTP and zones adjustment, email and telephone support as and when necessary. I want you to get the most out of this!
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:03 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:03 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter