FTP Beginners 8 weeks Plan
Bojan DurdicAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed to increase your FTP (Functional Threshold Power) and it can be used for road and mountain bike cyclists. You will need power meter for this training program.
The plan is for beginners who are able to ride 4-5 times per week around 7 hours daily. Before you begin with this plan you should do good base period before and FTP test just before the start of this program to see your current level.
* Designed to build your power at lactate threshold
* You will start with sweet spot intervals (around 90% FTP), progress to lactate threshold intervals (around 100% FTP) and VO2Max Intervals later in the program (just above 100% FTP).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:43 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:43 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?