Base Training Plan (12hr/wk over 12 weeks) (TID = 79:8:13) with 1 rest day and big weekends
Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Welcome to the FFT base training plan based on the science of Seiler and others ADVANCED version. This plan emphasizes low intensity (79%) and a little threshold (8%) and high intensity (13%) with a polarized distribution. As such it is an excellent all round program. Some sesions are intervals: Milanovic et al. (2016) reported a greater response to interval training. It is a 12hrs per week (max), 5 days per week over 12 weeks but with big weekend rides! It is best suited to advanced riders who want to raise their aerobic and anaerobic base but at the same time working on threshold and some HIIT.
Beginner ✩✩✩✭✩ Pro
Mondays: mainly off/rest
Tuesdays: mainly base miles
Wednesdays: cadence and endurance
Thursdays: mainly sweetspot & threshold
Fridays: mainly double days
Saturdays: mainly long rides
Saturdays: mixed medium duration
anaerobic build: ✭✭✭✭✩
aerobic build: ✭✭✭✭✭
FTP build: ✭✭✭✭✩
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Training Plan Prescription: https://fft.tips/tpp3
Keywords: HIIT | Base | Seiler | Sprint | Sportive | Allen | Fitgerald | 80:20 | Rapid | Builder | Trainerroad | Zwift | WKO4 | WKO5 | Andrew Coggan | Recovery | Wattbike | FTP | FTP builder | Martin Burrows | FFT | Gran Tour | Fondo | Gran Fondo
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|11:53 hrs||3:59 hrs|
|0:27 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||11:53 hrs||3:59 hrs|
||0:27 hrs||0:30 hrs|