Greg's Base Training Plan (8hr/wk over 12 weeks) (TID = 75:15:10)
Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Welcome to the FFT base training plan based on the science of Seiler and others. This plan emphasizes low intensity (75%) and threshold (15%) and high intensity (10%) with a pyramidal distribution. As such it is an excellent all round program. Some sesions are intervals: Milanovic et al. (2016) reported a greater response to interval training relative to continuous training at equal training volume.
Evidence suggest this might be the idea plan for improvers and advanced riders. It can be undertaken anytime! It is 8 x 6 x 12 because its roughly a 8hrs per day (max), 6 days per week over 12 weeks. It is best suited to improvers, regular cyclists and advanced who want to raise their aerobic and anaerobic base but at the same time working on threshold and some HIIT. We will also have a 10 week and 16 week version. This is power based.
Beginner ✩✩✭✩✩ Pro
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:56 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|0:47 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|0:03 hrs||0:20 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:56 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||0:47 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||0:03 hrs||0:20 hrs|