Frank Pike- I've coached state camps, national podium finishers and RAAM ridersAll plans by this Coach
Many cyclists – particularly as we get older – gravitate toward one, steady speed and effort level. It’s not slow, necessarily, but the problem is that once you spend too much time training at your one sustainable speed, you lose the ability to accelerate. You lose that snap you need to jump on a wheel, accelerate across a gap, or sprint for the city limit sign. You loose your ability to repeat high power hard efforts.
To add some summer snap on top of the steady aerobic fitness you have gained throughout the spring, I have a 4-week training program for you. It’s based around three key workouts and an endurance or group ride, repeated over the course of three weeks, with a recovery week on Week 4. For riders who can ride 5 days a week, there’s an optional fifth day included on Tuesday which can be used for an extra endurance day (as I have planned) or extra REST/Recovery ride day if needed.
This plan can be used to increase your pure sprint performance or overall speed and power at sub 4min durations. The plan is power based with no data feedback but I am happy to answer questions via email at email@example.com.
I have the following coach certifications/accreditations:
Training Peaks Advanced level 2
USA Cycling level 2
INSCYD Metabolic Profile testing
Power based training
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.