Includes Structured Workouts
Welcome to the FFT polarized duathlon plan, that can be undertaken anytime on or off-season. We describe it as 6 x 6 x 12 because its roughly a 6hrs per week (max), up to 6 days per week over 12 weeks. It is best suited to an athlete who is cross-training running and cycling The latest science shows that time in base training (z1/z2) must be more than time in HIIT (z4/z5) + threshold (z3/z4) but that HIIT should outweigh threshold at least 3:2. This plan combines low, middle and high intensity training in an efficient but manageable training package. The plan is "polarized" using principles of Seiler as follows: low intensity (z1 z2)=65%; moderate intensity (z3 z4) = 10%; high intensity (z5 z6) = 25%.
Polarized = base miles with HIIT and some threshold (sweetspot).
One session per day
No brick sessions in this plan
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• Missing a day is ok, substituting a day is ok, but if you miss a week: repeat it until done
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Training Load By Week
Average Weekly Training Hours: 04:52