Polarized Plus HIIT (6hr/wk over 10 weeks) (TID = 65:10:25)
Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Welcome to the FFT Polarized Plus HIIT plan typically undertaken in the later off-season to stay fit or early season to start to improve. It is roughly a 6hrs per week (max), 6 days per week over 12 weeks. The latest science shows that time in base training (z1/z2) must be more than time in HIIT (z4/z5) + threshold (z3/z4) but that HIIT should outweigh threshold at least 3:2. This plan combines low, middle and high intensity training in an efficient but manageable training package. The plan is "polarized" using principles of Seiler as follows: low intensity (z1 z2)=65%; moderate intensity (z3 z4) = 10%; high intensity (z5 z6) = 25%. We also have a 16 week and 12 week versions.
Beginner ✩✩✭✩✩ Pro
This is power based, includes FTP tests and steady progression, focusses on base miles with HIIT and threshold (sweetspot).
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• Missing a day is ok, substituting a day is ok, but if you miss a week: repeat it until done
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:16 hrs||1:50 hrs|
|0:51 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:16 hrs||1:50 hrs|
||0:51 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter