Angus Harris - PowerlabAll plans by this Coach
This polarized training plan will lift all key markers for endurance cycling. VO2 max, FTP and aerobic capacity will all increase over the next 6 weeks.
This is a great training block to do leading into competition as it is intense. For each of the HIIT interval sessions it is ideal if you can perform them on terrain specific to your target event. Eg. 8 minute efforts could be done on a short climb similar to what is in your event.
Please note: there are 2 high intensity interval sessions each week which are quite hard to do. Especially on your trainer. The other sessions are lighter but DO NOT be tempted to go harder as it is crucial that you are fresh and well recovered ready to nail the HIIT sessions and get through them.
The key to polarized training is hard sessions are super hard and easy sessions are easy. If you over do the easy days you won't get through the harder days.
If you have extra time in your week and you are coping well with the training you can add in as much extra training as you can fit in zone 1 and 2 in weeks 1,2,4 and 5.
You will need an active Training Peaks account to use this plan. You can sign up for free when you checkout.
If you have any problems or have questions along the way you can email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time though out the training. If you would like to check us out first for peace of mind please visit www.powerlab.com.au
To your measured success,
POWERLAB CYCLING PERFORMANCE
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.