Tim Cusick - Coach of World and National ChampionsAll plans by this Coach
Stage Race Spring Build Phase Training Plan with iLevels
written by Tim Cusick, TrainingPeaks WKO Product Leader and master coach with BaseCamp
Train with the coach of national and world ITT champion Amber Neben! This 8-week stage race training plan was created by Tim Cusick and uses WKO and the Power-Duration Curve. Your workout prescription will be individualized based on your data following the Power-Duration Curve as you gain fitness. It is designed for the competitive cyclist and includes predicted TSS and ongoing testing. This plan is the third portion of our full-season stage race training plan.
To use this plan, you will need to have a power meter and the TrainingPeaks WKO software (if you don't have WKO or if you don't train with power, you can still get these cutting-edge workouts and plans; just search for the Classic versions). This plan uses the advanced iLevels training protocol developed by Dr. Andy Coggan and the new training metrics available in WKO, like FTP/FRC, FRC, and PMAX. Learn more about WKO or watch Coach Cusick’s free educational WKO webinars.
Included with your plan:
- Instruction sheet (attached to the first day of the plan)
- Testing protocol
- Coaching comments and tips
Join the WKO Power Users group!
Click here to request to join our private Facebook group for WKO users. It's a great place to ask questions, make suggestions, share charts, and see how others are using the software.
We've got more plans!
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email us directly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.