Taylor WarrenAll plans by this Coach
This is an 8 week lifting plan perfect for cyclists to perform in the offseason, base season or if trying to work on muscle imbalances/coming back from an injury. The plan includes 8 weeks of lifting, starting with the first 2 weeks of prep lifting/circuit training designed for neuromuscular adaptation and to prevent injury once moving into heavier lifting. The next 4 weeks are all about strength lifting, 6 different routines designed to strength cycling specific muscles, as well as the muscles less activated in cycling such as hamstrings and glutes to even out the cyclists muscle groups. Finally the last 2 weeks of the plan include 4 plyometric sessions to build explosiveness not only for improving bone density but to build sprint power on the bike. This is the perfect plan to supplement with riding for an evened routine to build strength, increase power on the bike and prevent imbalances and injury.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?