FasCat CoachingAll plans by this Coach
Six Weeks of Intervals for Road Cycling to prep for racing season.
Get a jump start on your race-ready fitness as you head into the road racing season! You'll rev it up with a mix of Tempo, Sweet Spot, Threshold, and VO2 intervals, great for the all-around road racer. You'll be riding 6-10 hours a week with intervals and hours progressing through the 6 weeks. And, we've included the FasCat Wattage and Heart Rate Zones Sheet with the Field Test rides that you'll do before and after so you can measure your improvement and keep your training zones accurate!
Plus, this plan includes all the "marginal gains" details to get even faster: Recovery Techniques, Rest Days, Yoga, Foundations, and best of all, Strength and Conditioning - all you need is a physical therapy style rubber band and MOTIVATION! There are instructional videos in the plan for you to follow along at home. You'll perform structured interval work during the week with the option to join group rides on the weekends which makes this plan great for days when it's too dark or cold to ride outside before or after work!
This Intermediate plan is for the rider with 1-1.5 hours a day to ride during during the week and 1-3 hours on the weekend.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.