BIKE - 16 WEEKS to 33M
Team W CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This 16 week training plan is geared towards the beginner/intermediate cyclist who will be starting a 33M event 16 weeks from now. It is ok to start with less than 16 weeks as there is a base period built in. The plan has a balance between quality training and recovery to get you to the starting line prepared and healthy. The athlete should be able to bike 3 miles prior to starting this plan. The plan was developed by Kim Welk, Endurance Coach, USA Cycling Level 3 Certified Coach, USA Triathlon Level 1 Certified Coach, Training Peaks Level 2 Accredited Coach, Certified Personal Trainer, and Endurance Athlete.
*Times are approximate and will vary based on average pace. All ride distances are calculated based on a 15mph average. This should provide a starting point for time allocation etc.
*This schedule is periodized to include a 4 week base, 3 - 3 week builds, 2 weeks peak/transition and 1 week race.
Apply using event date.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?