Team W CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This 16 week training plan is geared towards the beginner/intermediate cyclist who will be starting a 100 mile event 16 weeks from now. It is ok to start with less than 16 weeks as there is a base period built in. The plan has a balance between quality training and recovery to get you to the starting line prepared and healthy. The athlete should be able to bike 10 miles prior to starting this plan. The plan was developed by Kim Welk, Endurance Coach, USA Cycling Level 3 Certified Coach, USA Triathlon Level 1 Certified Coach,Training Peaks Level 2 Accredited Coach, Certified Personal Trainer, and Endurance Athlete.
*Times are approximate and will vary based on average pace. All ride distances are calculated based on a 15mph average. This should provide a starting point for time allocation etc.
*This schedule is periodized to include a 4 week base, 3 - 3 week builds, 2 weeks peak/transition and 1 week race.
Apply using event date.
PROJECT RECYCLE WILL RECEIVE $5 for every plan purchased through this link
For more information about PROJECT RECYCLE visit https://projectrecycle.org/
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?