Isaiah of FasCat CoachingAll plans by this Coach
Climbing Intervals are the name of the game to improve your maximal sustained power output when the road turns up.
Whether its Strava PR’s or a race with some serious vertical gain, a climbing intervals training plan will put you on the start line well prepared. You’ll start with a 20min Field Test to set your Functional Threshold Power and Heart Rate in the included FasCat Zones Sheet, then use your training zones to ride just hard enough to get faster & stronger without burning out so you can go hard again the next day! That means lots of Tempo and Sweet Spot as well as Threshold intervals during the week and group rides or other harder efforts on the weekends. After some recovery, you’ll finish the plan with another Field Test to see how much your FTP has improved! Start this plan 6 weeks before your climbing goal event
Additionally, this training plan includes all the “marginal gains” details to get even faster: Recovery Techniques, Rest Days, Yoga, Foundations, and best of all, Strength and Conditioning – all you need is a physical therapy style rubber band and MOTIVATION! There are instructional videos in the plan for you to follow along at home.
Questions about improving your climbing using our training plan? Email/call: firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.406.7444
For more FasCat training plans with a FREE TrainingPeaks Premium account, please visit https://fascatcoaching.com/training-plans/
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.