Menachem Brodie, USAC Expert CoachAll plans by this Coach
Designed by exercise scientist, expert coach and athlete Menachem Brodie, BS, CSCS this program brings you his knowledge, experience, and expertise from coaching endurance athletes from around the globe the last 9+ years.
Get stronger, FASTER
This program is built for beginners who have been riding between 6-8 hours for 2-4 months prior, and who are looking to increase their Functional Lactate Threshold Power on the bike, and to dive into proper on-bike training.
Developed from over 9 years of coaching beginner athletes up to the Category 1/2 levels, this program delivers our proven training philosophies to help you develop and progress appropriately, while pushing your limits, but not pushing you over your limit.
Are you a time-crunched Intermediate or Masters rider?
Those at the intermediate and Masters levels who are crunched for time will find this program to work extremely well for them, especially if the goal event is up to/around 2.5 hours in duration.
How much riding will this require?
This Training Plan is challenging, and requires between 5-7.5 hours of riding per week, including 2-3 mid-week rides, and 2 weekend rides.
While designed to be executed best while training with power, this program may also be done based off of Perceived Exertion or Heart Rate. It may also be done by those basing training off of TSS.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.